Cities and Towns - Hancock

Archive Image
User Comments:
• This view looks east down Quincy Street from the 200 block toward the fire hall, which sat at the end of Quincy just east of Reservation Street. This fire hall was moved to the Carroll Foundry in Houghton shortly after the new town hall/fire hall (Hancock City Hall) was opened in 1899, and Quincy Street was then extended one block farther east. At the far left of this image is Coughlin and Son's livery stable, followed by the Coughlin residence and the Northwestern Hotel. The three-story building across the street from the Northwestern is the Scott Block. At the far right is Wetzler & Hanauer's general store.
8/16/2014 6:06:04 PM by John Haeussler