Buildings - Fire Stations

Archive Image
User Comments:
Name:John Sullivan
MTU Class of:1974
If this is indeed the first Calumet, MI (Red Jacket) Village Fire Station it would be 1875-1886 as a new Fire Station was build in 1886 on Elm Street as a part of the new Town Hall and again in 1898 as the new single purpose Fire Station now being used as the Copper Country Firefighters History Museum. In 1964 the Fire Department was moved back to the Elm Street side of the Town Hall which had its fascia changed in 1900 when the Calumet Theatre building was built next to the 1886 Town Hall building.
9/10/2014 12:36:54 PM by Anonymous