Auto Lab Advertising Portraits

Archive Image
User Comments:
• This photograph was taken in the automotive laboratory in the Hotchkiss Engineering building. The lab first opened in 1931 when the Michigan College of Mining and Technology first began to offer specialized coursework in automotive engineering. It continued in use for nearly four decades until 1971 when the mechanical engineering department moved into the newly-constructed Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics building (MEEM).
10/25/2005 11:39:18 AM by Erik Nordberg, MTU Archivist
• Photograph includes William Corkin (second from left) and Professor Richard Bayer (second from right). Corkin, MCMT class of 1954, was president of the 1953-54 student chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
10/25/2005 11:42:10 AM by Erik Nordberg, MTU Archivist